Salary Range 90k – 105k (+Bonus) DOE
Seeking Spanish Fluent PR Account Director in NYC!
Go places with us! At MMGY NJF, we are global connectors, storytellers and curators of travel experiences – inspiring people to view the world differently and then see it for themselves. We are the award-winning public relations, social media and experiential marketing practice of largest travel marketing company in the world, MMGY Global, and are looking for talented candidates to serve a growing roster of domestic and international destination, hotel & resort, cruise line, train, tour operator, attraction and restaurant clients.
We are hiring a Bilingual (English/Spanish) Account Director, PR to join our public relations team in New York – fluency in Spanish is required. If you are outgoing, energetic, innovative, and resourceful then this job is for you.
You can also join our Culture Crew and DEI Employee Resource Groups. With industry-leading benefits, we offer a Hybrid Telework Policy. We have half-day Fridays between Memorial Day and Labor Day, and are closed the week between Christmas and New Years. After two years with the company we offer generous anniversary travel benefits because we want our employees to go see the world - and help pay for it. And the more business trips you take, the more Road Warrior benefits you receive to buy upgrades, lounge passes and more. Yes, work/life balance is a real focus for us.
Responsibilities will include:
● Lead strategy, development and implementation of client PR programs
● Develop and maintain client relationships; provide regular strategic counsel
● Supervise account teams and lead day-to-day account activities
● Monitor program timetable and client budgets for maximum efficiency
● Oversee agency output to ensure quality control and client ROI
● Provide creative input and direction to account group, including the development of innovative story angles, promotions, partnerships and activations, press materials, other client content and knowledge of how to leverage social media in PR programs
● Identify and develop opportunities for cross agency media pitches and ways to elevate work
● Create and/or seize opportunities for selling projects to PR clients, organically growing relationships
● Participate in new business proposal process, including leading development of content for specific sections of proposals; participate in presentations
● Identify opportunities and present solutions to optimize agency practices
● Demonstrate advanced writing and editing skills
● Establish and maintain high level media contacts; oversee strategic media pitching
● Understand clients’ business competition, challenges and opportunities
● Stay abreast of latest travel, consumer and social media trends and leverage to advantage
● Supervise/mentor junior/mid-level team members
● BA/BS college degree in communications or journalism and 6-9+ years PR/related experience with direct travel and lifestyle client background preferred
● High level travel/hospitality/lifestyle print, digital and broadcast media contacts
● Strong mentor
● Sharp pitching skills
● Proficient writer and editor
● Superior people skills
● Problem solver
● Savvy client counsel
● Creative thinker
● Good sense of humor and a love for travel a must!
MMGY Global provides a comprehensive PTO + benefits package inclusive of a hybrid telework policy. Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa. MMGY Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OUR VALUES MISSION
Who are we? We’re a travel-obsessed collective of more than 600 people across the country and around the globe. And when we say we inspire people to go places, we mean ALL people. That’s why we’re focused on nurturing a workforce that’s as diverse as the places we visit — welcoming candidates of all ages, genders and gender identities; ethnicities and religions; people of color; LGBTQIA+ people and their allies; working parents; veterans; and those with disabilities.
To apply to this position, please visit the following link APPLY HERE