Small Girls PR is looking for an Associate Vice President to inspire and guide day-to-day creativity and strategy with clients in the consumer lifestyle and tech spaces - including brands like Jack In The Box and even a social media platform you probably use daily! The work coming out of this team drives major pop-culture conversation and is a mix of quick-turn, of-the-moment genius and fully integrated, strategic programming.
As the team lead, the Associate Vice President will also help inspire and lead an incredible team that is eager to continue to grow and deliver. Our clients turn to us for long-term strategy, brand purpose architecture, creative pitch angles, and out-of-the-box ideas that bring their positioning to life in thoughtful ways.
Plus, there is no one-size-fits-all for an SGPR client which means your career will be further enriched with meaningful and diversified experience. We've handled mergers for GE, announced Esusu as one of the first Black-owned tech unicorns, created a closet calculator to see how recycled clothing impacts the environment with thredUP, and catapulted Olay’s Super Bowl ad to the cover of AdWeek.
Note: Small Girls PR is currently in the office on a hybrid basis, working two days a week in the office.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- You’ll act as strategic lead directing high-level media strategy, brand messaging, and high stakes comms for the accounts in your purview (alongside support of your mid-level reports)
- As a creative thought leader, you’ll see your wildest ideas turned into strategic campaigns and pull out the strongest story narratives from your reports - this position hosts weekly team brainstorms, reverse engineers virality, and maps out campaigns for the brands under their purview
- You will be training to become the business manager of your team, including high level support in terms of profitability, staffing matrixes, planning, and budgeting.
- You’ll work closely with our Managing Director and SVP to be supported in meeting these goals but you’ll also have tools in place to make decisions and track progress.
-You’ll be a key part of new business, both in voicing the brands you are passionate about taking on, as well as developing the proposals and concepts that earn attention
Why you’ll love us:
Atypical Time: a generous PTO plan that scales with tenure in addition to both Summer Fridays and Winter Fridays, Day of Rests for mental health, Caregiving days, and time off for Unsick Days dedicated to preventative care.
Dedicated Time Each Day for Deep Work: Our unique Smalls In Sync program carves out daily time for you to collaborate with colleagues as well as have the space to do get your strategic, solo work done
We invest in you: We have 100% employer covered medical leave, contribute to your 401k (whether you decide to contribute or not), in addition to contributing towards your gym memberships, dental, vision, data plans / home WiFi, and daily commute.
We budget for you to network each month as well as reimburse professional development as it applies to roles, from InDesign to public speaking.
A strong culture: We have an employee-led committee that determines company policy together and another dedicated to planning our weekly celebrations and quarterly outings (virtual or otherwise), book clubs and employee-coached trivia & intramural activities, a pet-friendly office when we’re not remote, a penchant for karaoke, and we’ve even taken our staff on vacations overseas.
Why we’ll love you:
- You have around 10+ years of directly relevant experience.
- You’ve overseen larger teams - and across multiple accounts or projects
- You’ve personally come up out-of-the-box ideas, big and small, to introduce your brand to new audiences that others had not yet thought of
- You have vision, thinking through where the brand lives in the world and what key messages and story devices help support that house.
- You’ve demonstrated success in earning attention, especially through media
Don’t meet every single requirement for this role? Studies have shown that women and BIPOC are less likely to apply to jobs if they don’t meet every single qualification listed. At SGPR we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are a diverse and high performing company that is dedicated to creating an inspiring workplace for all. It is the policy of Small Girls PR to provide equal opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
Apply here: https://grnh.se/cb8c37e72us