The Social Media Director is responsible for developing and implementing effective social media strategies and campaigns resulting in awareness growth for PURPLE and their clients’ priorities. The ideal candidate should have a track record of success within social media campaigns, including creatively securing high-level opportunities and independently managing relationships. Therefore, they are able to translate their creative instincts to develop comprehensive actionable strategies for the agency and the clients.
- Engage and execute brand and public reputation through targeted digital campaigns, partnerships, events, and media engagement
- Translate strategy into actionable impacts and activities and partner with team members to adapt for execution in local markets
- Day-to-day supervision and execution of client campaigns including (and not limited to) social media community management, social media advertising utilizing Facebook Business Manager, partnerships, blogger and influencer outreach initiatives, and analytics reporting.
- Develop, implement and work collaboratively across the organization to develop specific social media strategies and implementation plans, including executive and crisis communications
- Create a successful track record when developing and integrating public relations and co-branding to drive platform traffic.
- Expand social media strategies, calendars and advertising plans to be deployed across brand-owned social media channels.
- Established, high quality of industry contacts within the digital sphere across the lifestyle, fashion and beauty sectors.
- Exceptional problem-resolution skills, including the ability to think creatively and prioritize multiple assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Contribute to new business efforts to expand digital clients
- Understands both niche and corporate brands.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media, PR/Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field required.
- 5-7 years of digital and social media marketing experience with established agency or similar role for in-house marketing department.
- Must possess superior understanding of existing social media landscape including new and innovative tools, platforms, vendors, and SEO/SEM to drive site traffic.
- Successful track record of meeting client goals with measurable resultsHas proven track record with participating in new business ideas and securing new clients within the agency/corporate setting.
- Cross-cultural interpersonal skills, a history of building strong relationships with diverse stakeholders and colleagues, as well as strong communication skills
- Superb critical thinking skills with the ability to synthesize complex information, confidently make recommendations based on data, and work with an action-oriented mindset
- An ability to handle pressure with equanimity and to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and accountability-focused organization; a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude