About Blended Strategy Group (BSG):
Founded in July 2015, BSG is an entertainment marketing, branding and public relations agency that communicates key messages through media relations and authentic, strategic partnerships among brands, celebrities, and influencers to reach target audiences. With the co-founders’ (Allison Statter and Sherry Jhawar) deep roots as a top entertainment talent manager and global head of marketing, respectively, BSG has the domain expertise around partnership negotiation, engagement and activation. BSG builds brands at any stage - from individual talent and startups to emerging/growth and Fortune 500 brands - through strategic integrations and a 360-degree approach to marketing and communications. BSG’s clients consist of consumer products, digital platforms and apps, service providers, and personal celebrity and influencer brands.
Brand clients include: Revlon, Almay, Reebok, Tiffany & Co., Elizabeth Arden, SinfulColors, Nudestix, Cover FX, OLLY, NuFACE, Clio Snacks, and more. Talent clients include: Chelsea Handler, Gwen Stefani, Nicole Scherzinger, Jen Atkin, Mary Phillips, and more.
The team at BSG is a highly collaborative group, bringing together best-in-class expertise across brand marketing, talent management, and PR. The culture is one where everyone learns from and leans on one another. We wholeheartedly subscribe to the philosophies of the “ship rises together” and “collaboration over competition”. BSG is a work hard, play hard environment where everyone has a true passion for pop culture and a desire to create game-changing marketing programs for our clients.
For the role of Account Manager, Public Relations, BSG is seeking a unique and driven candidate with a PR/communications background, strategic mindset and strong media relationships to support a growing public relations team with clients across lifestyle, beauty, and food + beverage. The right person will have a minimum of 3+ years of relevant agency experience, ideally within the lifestyle category. This role will report to the Senior Director of PR.
Qualifications & Key Responsibilities include:
- Media and social savvy with specific experience in driving the development and execution of PR strategy, including traditional media relations and celebrity & influencer-led content and/or programs
- Strong experience in crafting and successfully pitching compelling storytelling angles across all facets of media – broadcast, print, digital, podcast, etc.
- Possess a robust roster of media contacts within the business, lifestyle, food, celebrity and beauty categories, as well as an overall understanding of the current and changing media landscape
- Strong management skills with demonstrated experience in assisting senior leadership and leading junior team members and managing partners/vendors
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute PR tactics including press mailers, desksides, events, media trips, experiential activations and more Experience in budget tracking and management
- Proven experience in compiling and spearheading detailed and accurate activity recaps
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to be the client key point of contact
- Strong Microsoft Office suite and industry software (Cision, Meltwater) skills
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Willingness to “roll up sleeves” and execute programs from start to finish – team player
Salary will be commensurate with experience.