TURNER, an award-winning, integrated marketing, public relations and digital communications firm, is looking for a Senior Director/VP to join our lifestyle team, which is based in our New York office.
At TURNER, we’ve built our business around innovative brands. With a 20+-year history launching wellness, fashion, outdoor and travel campaigns, our passion translates to trusted relationships and outstanding results. Named by Outside Magazine as one of the 50 Best Places to Work in 2018, we are the niche agency that speaks to each of our core audiences with equal authenticity, because we come from inside the industries we represent. We’re relentless about strategy and smart engagement. We capitalize on our clients’ brand positioning, helping to broaden consumer awareness and cement their future.
Our national footprint consists of offices in New York, Denver, Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami.
The Senior Director/VP will be responsible for leadership and strategic planning across a variety of clients in the lifestyle division, including retail, accessories, streetwear and wellness. This position focuses on campaigns that run the intersection of media relations, influencer programming, strategic partnerships and consumer activations. The ideal candidate will have 8-12 years of experience working in related industries and should be comfortable leading account teams with several members. Additionally, we are looking for candidates passionate about contributing to company culture, growth and leadership, as well as mentoring our junior staff.
• Serve as primary client contact for a portfolio of lifestyle clients, as well as key leader in the NYC office
• Help foster a culture of curiosity and growth, with a focus on meaningful engagement
• Develop and execute strategic plans, alongside extensive media relations experience with high-priority pitching
• Create and drive executive positioning strategies for clients in the tech and fashion categories
• Manage account budgets and resources, as necessary
• Serve as a key driver of business development, actively participating in mining potential opportunities, proposal ideation and creation, as well as the pitch presentation process
• Maintain strong media relationships, and engage in strategic, feature and business story pitching as needed, including broadcast
• Guide and develop junior staff members (up to 5 direct reports)
• Edit and oversee all client press materials, plans, strategies and presentations
• Actively engage in developing team morale, managing workloads, team growth, and contributing to the division and company leadership as a whole
• Act as the problem solver for the team and clients, while driving results forward and being solutions-oriented
• 8-12 years of communications agency experience within fashion, entertainment, lifestyle and/or hospitality portfolio – including relevant experience in CPG, travel and retail
• Voraciously consumes all relevant (and even non-relevant) media, maintaining constant awareness of industry trends, cultural currents, media moments and the competitive landscape.
• A passion for building a creative and collaborative culture
• A deep understanding of the integrated marketing mix, with fluency across a variety of channels, including media relations, influencer programming, gigital strategy, experiential activations, etc.
• Relevant experience in executive positioning and thought leadership, with a proven record of strategic success in elevating senior execs and personalities via appropriate media opportunities, speaking engagements, event attendance, etc.
• Experience establishing and maintaining positive client relationships, along with relationships with the media
• Proven ability to secure high quality brand, lifestyle and feature coverage
• Knowledge and experience working with celebrities, influencers and creative class VIPs
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Detail and results-oriented with the ability to be creative while maintaining precision
• Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere
• Comfortable working across a variety of fields and clients
• Ability to travel
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and any additional information you think valuable.
Please, no phone calls – however, we’re open to any other creative communications you may want to try.
If interested please click the below link to apply: