Are you ready to be a Category leader? 🌟 Category Communications is on the lookout for a dynamic and visionary Account Manager to join our team. As an Account Manager, you'll be at the forefront of leading the charge for our clients, working alongside the best in the business to craft compelling stories that redefine the industry categories we represent. If you're someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, loves to forge meaningful client relationships, and is ready to push the boundaries of what's possible in the world of communication, you're exactly who we're looking for. At Category Communications, we believe in fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous growth.
Category Communications is a forward thinking public relations agency that is on a mission to collaborate passionately with industry changemakers and founders by providing strategic communication solutions that drive real business impact. Founded by Chantel Cassar and Lauren Arnold, Category Communications takes pride in its relationship with clients, recognizing them as the architects of change in tomorrow's leading industries. Category’s suite of services include media relations, thought leadership, social media management, influencer marketing, event planning, and crisis communications. The Category approach goes beyond traditional PR; we immerse ourselves in the heartbeat of each industry, fostering curiosity, clarity, connection and care in our communication strategies. To learn more, visit www.categorycomms.com.
- Develop strategic PR plans based on our clients' business objectives
- Build, maintain and lead the relationship with the client
- Prepare or review all client material including PR plan, strategies (media & digital), key messaging documents, pitches, content calendars, reports and more to ensure they are error-free and presentable
- Build and maintain relationships with media and influencers
- Maintain and monitor workflow and assignments by effectively delegating, coaching and guiding junior team members
- Be the leader of the account team by effectively managing both the client and internal teams to ensure projects are on time and results are being generated
- Offer solutions to clients, teams and new business challenges
- Manage, motivate, mentor and connect with junior staff to develop their skills based on their unique needs
- Contribute to Category Communications’ collaborative team culture
- Be curious in your Category and keep up to date with industry trends, news and best practices
- Be connected and attend industry-related events for PR/Marketing and our client’s industries
- Help train and mentor junior talent
- Support with new business development where applicable
- 2-5 years experience in the public relations industry, agency experience is preferred
- Collaborative - you have a demonstrated track record of developing trusted client relationships that turn into organic and new business
- Successfully executed earned media programs that have landed top-tier coverage
- Curious mindset with a sharp level of strategy to execute media relations, corporate communications, crisis communications and thought leadership programs
- Excellent writing skills and an eye for a new media angleHighly organized with acute attention to detail
- Connected network and key relationships across media and influencers
- Passionate about the business world with a focus on technology and real estate
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Relationship-centric approach to clients, team and media
- You like to celebrate wins and learn from mistakes
Compensation & Benefits
Category Communications values your dedication and talent. The salary band for this role ranges from $70,000 - $90,000, reflective of your experience and expertise. We will also be offering a bonus structure that rewards our dedicated team members based on the company's overall performance. In addition to compensation, Category is proud to offer an array of benefits designed to enhance both your professional and personal life.
- Comprehensive Health and Medical Benefits: Your well-being is our priority. Gain access to a leading health and medical benefits package.
- Access to our industry-leading team of business advisors: We’re committed to ensuring you have the best mentorship in the game. Each quarter, you will have access to career planning and coaching sessions with our leading team of business advisors.
- Remote-first: The future of work is flexible – where you want to work is up to you. We will hang out with you IRL only as much as you want to hang out with us. We’ll always provide opportunities to engage and plan with your team and clients in person, but ultimately – we trust you to do what’s best for you.
- Industry-leading vacation and benefits policies: In order to excel, time off to travel to, be with family, and to recharge is essential. We’re offering best-in-class vacation policies (hello, 4-week minimum!) and benefits that make sense.
- Curiosity Fund: As a collective, learning and personal growth is in our DNA. Each employee will have a monthly curiosity fund spending account that can be put towards upskilling courses, a new hobby, wellness activity and more.
Category Communications is a remote-first work environment. The ideal candidate is based out of Toronto, ON.