The Vice President, Talent & Partnerships - Brand Engagement at H&S oversees the Brand Engagement Division, playing an integral role in the development of award-winning influencer marketing campaigns and consumer marketing programs across H&S’ roster of clients. The VP, Talent & Partnerships serves as head of all talent and partnership as well as strategic digital, influencer and social media marketing counsel to H&S’ clients and the agency at-large.
This role reports to the Chief Brand Officer (CBO), works closely with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and is an integral part of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT). This is an exempt, salaried position.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
CLIENT & ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
▪ Proactively consult clients about implementing new ways to meet their needs through a deep understanding of H&S’ industry capabilities, including specialty offerings (StudioHS, Brand Engagement, etc.).
▪ Lead in the development of innovative, results-driven, go-to-market owned, paid and social media – content and influencer strategies (from concepting, discovery to execution) that deliver meaningful business results.
▪ Manage influencer marketing and digital programs and projects to deliver the highest quality of work on time and on budget, anticipating and effectively raising concerns and challenges with potential solutions.
▪ Act as overarching trusted client advisor; providing strategic guidance, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of their business, and developing innovative strategies for implementing successful influencer marketing programs, flag client challenges as they arise, seeking senior management input when appropriate.
▪ Audit, research and analyze outside materials to shape new ideas; confidently communicate and back-up observations, ideas, and insights, tying them to culture, digital and social behaviors.
▪ Develop client’s social presence – tone, voice, look and feel; as well create editorial frameworks, calendars, and presentations when applicable.
▪ Lead brainstorming sessions, strategic planning, and overall program development for clients with a constant pulse on program performance to ensure optimal results.
▪ Communicate clear progressive direction to account teams while fostering a culture of delivering constructive formal and informal feedback and positive coaching.
▪ Cultivate and maintain trusted relationships with senior clients by continuously adding value and anticipating and addressing their needs to engender long-term agency loyalty.
▪ Continually develop a deep understanding of the clients’ business needs, goals, and competitive environments; leverage this information when preparing and presenting focused programs and recommendations.
▪ Serve as a key player in hunting new and incremental business opportunities, representing industry/specialty in new business pitches.
▪ Develop award-worthy strategic recommendations and programs that deliver meaningful business results, not just tactics for clients; go beyond the brief and actively identify and present new ideas, concepts and campaigns for clients and new business opportunities.
▪ Continue to build and leverage network of contacts for a competitive client advantage, new business opportunities, and talent attraction for agency.
▪ Recognize and pursue opportunities to introduce clients to the agency’s specialized services, to secure incremental business opportunities.
▪ Work in collaboration with the H&S’ practice area leads on Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) brand experience-led pitches and proposals.
PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT & LEADERSHIP
▪ Partner with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to assess staffing/resources regularly to effectively meet clients’ influencer marketing and social media programming needs.
▪ Act as a strong leader to manage, mentor, and lead team members, ensuring quality work, high performance, and strong results; attract and retain talent through timely, effective, and consistent use of performance management, succession planning, coaching, and other talent retention, and management tools.
▪ Communicate clear, progressive direction, approach management from a coaching perspective.
▪ Foster respect and collaboration within the team and/or agency partners; share credit, actively involve and engage with own team, and build strong relationships.
▪ Grow and retain talent by providing formal/informal feedback and coaching, taking an active role in the performance management process, identifying, and driving participation in training opportunities.
▪ Participate and encourage the participation in employee-led committees which help to shape the company policies and culture e.g., Culture Committee, Staff Reads, H&S Book Club, of the month club, Kudos.
FINANCIAL & AGENCY OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
▪ Maintain strict compliance with the agency’s daily time entry process, expense report policy, and all agency processes and procedures; accountable for managing time commitments and daily time entry process for self and direct reports/account teams.
▪ Operationalize accounts, ability to scope and develop fee estimates, manage, and reconcile client budgets, staffing plans, account set ups, assess staff needs, monitor out of pocket expenses, reporting etc.
▪ Manage a portfolio of clients with accountability for revenue, growth, and profitability. Recognize potential fiscal challenges and take action to remedy them early.
▪ Accountable for strict oversight of account(s) financials and client budgets; develop accurate budgets, fee estimates, out-of-pocket expenses, etc.; verify billing accuracy; process and monitor invoices and PO’s, flagging any accounts payable issues to manager and director of finance.
▪ Drive staff utilization/billability process; meet utilization goals, manage-up and communicate under/over utilization to account/team manager and director of finance when necessary.
▪ Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; minimum of twelve (12+) years similar work experience with a minimum of seven (7) years of supervisory experience; agency experience a plus.
▪ Strong understanding of the full marketing ecosystem; ability to create cross-discipline programs - earned, paid, retail, experiential, influencer, and social media in order to activate across social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn and new and emerging platforms.
▪ Digital native with an understanding of influencer and social media marketing from owned, earned, and paid perspectives.
▪ Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
▪ Highly proficient with all relevant software programs- in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other Microsoft Office applications.
▪ Superb design, presentation, and delivery skills; design and presentation abilities (e.g., PowerPoint, Keynote and Adobe Suite), a plus.
▪ Thrives in fast-paced environments and can work long and flexible hours; may potentially include working evenings, holidays, and weekends.
▪ Exhibit empathy and effective interpersonal communication and relations to continue to develop a broad network of internal and external contacts.
▪ Solution-oriented; strong ability to identify issues and drive resolutions.
▪ Frequent travel may be required as needed for client work.
WORKPLACE TYPE: H&S operates as a hybrid, in-office/remote organization. All employees residing in the New York City area must be open and flexible to working from the H&S NYC office a minimum of three (3) days per week.
▪ If hired, all candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (e.g., at least two weeks after the last dose). Proof of vaccination before start date is required.
o Candidates may request accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or an exception required under applicable law.
MORE ABOUT H&S COMMUNICATIONS:
H&S Communications is a 100% woman-owned, diverse and privately held entity. A preferred partner of the Omnicom Media Company network - H&S Communications is an integrated marketing communications agency that offers fresh thinking, flawless execution and global access. H&S is comprised of an award-winning team of Curious, Creative and Connected strategists, cultural explorers, experience makers, community builders and compelling storytellers. With diversity at our core: 70% of our senior leadership and 50% of our junior staff represent a multifarious mix of race, ethnicity, gender, religions, abilities, and perspectives.
Our honors include: PR News’ 2022 The Agency Elite Top 100. 2x PRovoke Agency of Year (2022 and 2019). 2022 Ragan’s CSR and Diversity Awards. 2020 PR News Best Places to Work. 2020 Creativepool Best Places to Work. PR Week’s 2020 Purpose Awards. PR Daily’s 2020 Corporate Social Responsibility Award. 2020 Observer PR 50 List. 2019 Biz Bash Events Style Awards Finalist. 2018 CLIO Awards winner. 2x Webby Awards and 4x Bronze Cannes Lions winner. As well as connecting New York City Public School students to success by serving as hands-on Pencil mentors.
Rooted in luxury, fashion, hospitality, entertainment, food, and beverage – the agency specializes in cross-cultural marketing, media, talent and influencer relations, visual and technical production. With a pulse on trends, culture and varying perspectives, we help to reinvent, reimage and transform brands while bridging long-lasting consumer connections.
H&S Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, nationality, color, religion, age, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. To learn more about H&S Communications and our culture log into www.hs-pr.com, subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Instagram @harrisonshriftman.