The SENIOR PUBLICIST should have a keen understanding of the culinary/hospitality/lifestyle media landscape and strong public relations skills with prior New York agency experience. The SENIOR PUBLICIST will lead accounts and manage account teams, have solid relationships with media and experience with new business (assisting with proposal writing, researching relevant business leads).
At LCM, we provide a sense of belonging and foster a company culture where every voice is welcome, heard and respected. There is a level of support and commitment from management, colleagues and others so that all people–individually and collectively–can do their best work and contribute to the overall success of the organization.
- Creates meaningful and impactful comprehensive public relations strategies and plans.
- Conducts proactive and reactive media pitching.
- Successfully pitch stories and meet with/manage media to deliver high quality results.
- Act as day-to-day client contact for a selection of accounts.
- Lead creative brainstorming sessions.
- Oversee and create assets (when needed) for accounts including press releases, fact sheets, biographies, messaging, media alerts, agendas and recaps.
- Follow industry and client category trends and regularly share insights, thoughts and key findings as it relates to competitors.
- Delegate effectively, setting clear expectations and deadlines to junior team members.
- Provide needed resources for projects. Manage quality of work on multiple accounts with professionalism and support team leaders.
- Supports on new business proposals with research, brainstorming ideas and proposal creation.
- Have a passion for travel, fashion, food & beverage.
- Lives in NYC or tristate area
- 4-6 years of experience in public relations; agency preferred
- Ability to manage multiple accounts with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and follow up skills.
- Effective organizational and project management skills.
- Creative writer with experience crafting assets (press releases, bios, media alerts, etc).