Bolster Media is a full-service PR, Marketing and Events agency. Founded in 2014 by Nicole Albano & Crystal Wang, we specialize in the culinary arts, representing chefs and restaurants, as well as food professionals, across the country. We are a small agency, but what we may lack in size, we make up for in results. With 20+ years of experience in the PR and F&B industries, we bring a strong knowledge of the inner workings of both sides of the business, as well as an eagerness to learn and help bolster the clients we work with.
We are seeking a savvy and passionate team member to join our team - one who loves to eat, cook and explore cultures through the foods they eat.
Bolster Media is seeking a Publicist with 2-3 years of agency or in-house experience, that is passionate about all things culinary. Candidates should have a solid knowledge of the media within the F&B industry and beyond. Candidates should also be intelligent, professional, driven, resourceful, creative, hard working, organized, pay special attention to detail and have a strong work ethic.
The Publicist will handle proactive and reactive media relations, creative writing, media list building and management, account management, marketing efforts (outreach to community organizations, philanthropic partnerships and more). Be knowledgeable across social media PR channels, with experience of Facebook insights, Google analytics and other SM monitoring /listening tools.
- Conduct proactive and reactive media pitching. Successfully pitch stories and meet with media to deliver high-quality results
- Seek out creative ideas and opportunities to identify and cultivate story ideas for media pitching
- Contribute to creative brainstorming sessions and come to the table with out-of-the-box ideas
- Follow industry and client category trends and regularly share insights, thoughts and key findings particularly as it relates to competitors
- Create key assets for accounts including press releases, fact sheets, bios, messaging, media alerts, agendas and recaps
- Client management – build and develop strong relationships with day-to-day client contacts
- Coordinate projects and events including inviting influencers, attending events, and preparing reports
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of social media tools, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.
- Participate in the new business process including research and audits
- Manage quality of work on multiple accounts with professionalism and supportive team leadership
- Play a role in the development of comprehensive public relations strategies and plans