RHC is a lifestyle-focused communications agency with a special focus in travel, hospitality, spirits and F&B. We help our clients build their brands and drive revenue through media awareness, integrated digital marketing tactics, unique activations and word of mouth. We’re small, nimble and creative. Our founder is very hands-on and involved in the everyday account management giving clients senior-level support every step of the way. Leveraging 20+ years in the industry, RHC utilizes stellar contacts, strategic thinking and finger-on-the-pulse creativity to help clients grow their business. We dream up creative ideas to keep our clients top of mind – and we make sure those creative ideas are seen and heard.
We are looking for a Senior Publicist to join Rachel Harrison Communications. This person should have a keen understanding of the media landscape and strong public relations skills. They should have prior agency experience working on public relations, with solid general public relations skills. The Senior Publicist will potentially lead accounts including proactive and reactive media relations, strategy writing, creative writing (press releases, media alerts, content, etc.) creative brainstorming. Senior Publicists manage account teams, have solid relationships with media and some experience with new business (assisting with proposal writing, researching relevant business leads).
- Creates meaningful and impactful comprehensive public relations strategies and plans.
- Conduct proactive and reactive media pitching. Successfully pitch stories and meet with/manage media to deliver high quality results.
- Act as day-to-day client contact for a selection of accounts.
- Seek out creative ideas and opportunities to identify and cultivate story ideas for media pitching.
- Contribute to creative brainstorming sessions.
- Create key assets for accounts including press releases, fact sheets, biographies, messaging, media alerts, agendas and recaps.
- Follow industry and client category trends and regularly share insights, thoughts and key findings as it relates to competitors.
- Delegate effectively, setting clear expectations and deadlines to junior team members. Provide needed resources for projects.
- Manage quality of work on multiple accounts with professionalism and support team leaders.
- Supports on new business proposals with research, brainstorming ideas and proposal creation.
- 4-7 years of experience in public relations; agency preferred
- Ability to manage multiple accounts with ease and professionalism. Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and follow-up skills.
- Effective organizational and project management skills.
- Creative writer with experience crafting assets (press releases, bios, media alerts, etc).
- Ability to manage a junior team as a mentor. Delegate work effectively.
- Lead by example; demonstrate proven strong work ethic