The Brand Guild is seeking a founder-obsessed story teller with 4+ years of experience to join our growing consumer lifestyle PR team in the role of Thought Leadership Manager. At The Brand Guild, we work with best-in-class brands led by innovative founders, and this team member will be responsible for elevating these brand spokespeople as sought-after experts to a broad audience. The Thought Leadership Manager will craft powerful thought leadership pieces and awards submissions with the goal of highlighting our clients’ founders and their unique stories.
We are an entrepreneurial team and are looking for a candidate who embodies that spirit. If you are a creative self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced agency environment, with a proven track record and passion for helping position founders as the leading voices in their industries, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: This position may be determined to be a coordinator level based upon years of experience. This position is currently remote but can eventually be based in either our Washington, D.C. or NYC office.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our clients’ brand stories and create strategies that enable them to deliver key messages to new and existing audiences
- Develop thought leadership strategies for a number of clients in the consumer lifestyle and food & beverage spacesResearch and secure external speaking opportunities for brand spokespeople from panel discussions to podcasts
- Coordinate the development and placement of written thought leadership pieces, including research reports, op-eds, blog posts and keynote speeches that advance our clients’ missions
- Draft thoughtful leadership bios and fact sheets to distribute with creative pitches
- Draft awards submissions on behalf of clients in order to promote companies and establish executives as thought leaders in their industry
- Collaborate with The Brand Guild’s PR and marketing teams to strategically push content to key audiences and stakeholders
- Develop, package and present learnings and insights to position the organization and key executives with a unique and meaningful point of view
- Establish success measures and metrics to continually refine and evolve programs for optimal results and outcomes
- Act as a key client contact to foster a positive client-agency relationship
- 4+ years working in public relations, proposal writing or writing related fields (agency experience and/or experience in identifying and securing thought leadership opportunities and content on behalf of a organizations a plus)
- Ability to find and develop stories and drive visibility -- from securing podcasts to speaking opportunities on main stages
- Ability to provide essential support for thought leadership initiatives including strategic thinking, research and written communication
- Excellent communication and presentation skillsAbility to work within a team structure, from interns to senior staff
- Must be proactive, reliable, resourceful and have a great attention to detail
- AbIlity to independently manage multiple projects and clients with changing priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong initiative with ability to self manage