CURICH|WEISS is a Public Relations and Digital Marketing agency focused on clients across the lifestyle sector. We handle consumer and trade communications, digital marketing, social media and corporate communications depending on clients’ specific needs. An Account Executive at CURICH|WEISS is an entrepreneurial, self-starter with impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail, and a desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
The Account Executive manages and implements aspects of PR programs for clients as assigned, pitches and places stories to target media outlets, handles administrative duties such as writing (press materials, pitches, brand copy, et al.) and reporting (clips, status, agendas, et al.), and works within team to deliver exceptional service and impactful results. The Account Executive reports to an Account Manager or higher.
The Account Executive should have appropriate media relations contacts and the ability and desire to build contacts across the industries key to the assigned account load and client roster. The Account Executive should be able to pitch and secure all forms of media (print, broadcast, online). The Account Executive should demonstrate understanding of media landscape and public relations as appropriate to level (i.e. how media works, how to pitch, how to write, how to confirm placements, et al.) as well as stay abreast of key media developments, sharing those with team on a regular basis. The Account Executive should actively seek out new opportunities for growth and development and implement as agreed with Leadership.
- Implement day-to-day public relations program as assigned
- Deliver anticipated media placements for clients
- Clip placements for clients including daily media monitoring as well as proactive sharing; Find, collect and scan clips as necessary to showcase results to clients in a proactive manner
- Manage agreed upon programs for clients, including but not limited to ongoing media relations, event planning, influencer engagement, strategic partnerships, et al.
- Serve as contact with the client for agreed upon programs and initiatives, under guidance of Account Manager
- Draft client-facing materials including press releases, bios, Q&As, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with media, influencers and organizations on behalf of clients and Agency
- Anticipate clients’ strategic needs – long and short term
- Proactively seek out opportunities to help grow the Agency, through new business opportunities, sharing best practice, and / or other opportunities as agreed with Leadership
- Maintain database of key media, influencers, and organizations as directed by Leadership and / or Account Manager to ensure media moves are reflected within database
- BA/BS Degree is required
- Minimum 2 years experience on either the agency or client side, with demonstrated success (impactful placements and feature coverage) across all channels
- Strong media relationships (lifestyle and general consumer media) on both a national and regional level
- Exceptional interpersonal, networking, and verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Social media skills/community management is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint