The James Collective, a young, nimble and entrepreneurial boutique PR and integrated marketing firm that specializes in food + beverage, wellness and hospitality consumer clients is looking for a rockstar Account Supervisor/Director to join our growing bicoastal team, and act as the day to day lead in the NYC office.
If you’re an organized, passionate and collaborative self-starter who wants to sink your teeth in, wear many hats and make your mark on the future of a great company, we’d love to hear from you!
- Manage a portfolio of clients, their tactical programming, timelines, budgets and execution
- Cultivate and maintain strong media and industry relationships
- Draft and disseminate content for marketing materials, industry communications and press releases/pitches strategically
- Lead strategic partnership programs for clients from inception through completion
- Understand digital + social media strategy and create digital content for clients
- Refine and update media lists with relevant contacts as needed
- Oversee results reporting and results measurement for clients
- Manage event execution, both in house and through strategic partnerships
- Meet (and as possible, exceed) client and agency goals and measureable deliverables
- Introduce new connections, participate in growing and winning new business in partnership with Principal
- Lead new business brainstorms and build proposals with Principal
- Attend networking events, industry functions, client events and meet-ups
- Stay up to date on trends, events and media topics related to industries in which we work in order to curate content on behalf of clients
- Oversee small account team, manage tactics and growth of junior level employees in partnership with Principal
- Act as the day to day lead for the NYC office
- 6-9 years post-college experience in PR and marketing; knowledge and experience in the food + wine, hospitality and lifestyle industries a must
- A robust and strategic understanding of public relations, partnerships, marketing and social media marketing, its tools and relevant industry contacts
- Skilled at leading clients, working with new business prospects and connecting/maintaining meaningful relationships with media and influencers
- Results oriented and ‘get the job done’ attitude
- Outgoing and adaptable personality with a solid results-oriented work ethic
- Ability to think both strategically and creatively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor and a desire to both lead and collaborate
- Voracious appetite for the industries in which we work, media and trend monitoring
- Entrepreneurial spirit that isn’t afraid to take risks and ‘figure things out’
- Proven track record of creating integrated communications programs and meeting measurable goals, while using digital measurement tools, Cision and Microsoft office/PDF
- Desire to work in a start-up environment, pursue personal interests and learnings that are in line with company goals and make your mark on a growing agency (and of course, have fun in the process!)
- An inherent want to lead in NYC and nationally… and a sense of humor and curiosity are a must!
The James Collective offers integrated marketing communications for lifestyle brands that want a nimble, modern approach. Our passion is built on connecting the food + beverage, hospitality, design, and consumer lifestyle brands with whom we love to work to their audiences. At The James Collective, we believe deeply in the people, brands, and products we represent. We seek individuals who are ready to roll up their sleeves and are passionate about PR, marketing and social media.
If interested, please send your cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you directly if you’re a fit!