An Account Coordinator at CURICH|WEISS is an entrepreneurial, self-starter with impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail, and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment. The Account Coordinator implements aspects of PR programs for clients as assigned, pitches and places stories to target media outlets, handles administrative duties such as writing (press materials, pitches, brand copy, et al.) and reporting (clips, status, agendas, et al.), and works within team to deliver exceptional service and impactful results. The Account Coordinator reports to an Account Executive or higher.
The Account Coordinator should establish and build appropriate media relations contacts, and demonstrate the ability and desire to build contacts across the industries key to the assigned account load and client roster. The Account Coordinator should be able to pitch and secure appropriate media (print, broadcast, online) as assigned. The Account Coordinator should demonstrate an understanding of the media landscape and public relations as well as stay abreast of key media developments, sharing those with team on a regular basis. The Account Coordinator should actively seek out new opportunities for growth and development and implement as agreed with manager and Leadership.
- Support account team as assigned
- Implement day-to-day public relations program as assigned
- Deliver anticipated media placements for clients
- Clip placements for clients including daily media monitoring as well as proactive sharing; Find, collect and scan clips as necessary to showcase results to clients in a proactive manner
- Support agreed upon initiatives for clients, including but not limited to ongoing media relations, event planning, influencer engagement, strategic partnerships, et al.
- Serve as contact with the client for agreed upon programs and initiatives, under guidance of manager
- Draft client-facing materials including press releases, bios, Q&As, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with media, influencers and organizations on behalf of clients and Agency
- Maintain database of key media, influencers, and organizations as directed by Leadership and / or manager to ensure media moves are reflected within database
- Draft and implement content calendar for Agency, as directed by Leadership, highlighting client wins, news and areas of agency expertise / focus
- BA/BS Degree is required
- Exceptional interpersonal, networking, and verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Social media skills/community management is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint