Gallery PR is a new-age, boutique cannabis, fashion, and lifestyle PR agency with offices in New York City and Los Angeles. We are seeking a highly organized, well-connected fashion and/or lifestyle publicist to join our fast-growing team in Los Angeles, with ocassional travel to New York.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned media communications professional who has experience in working with senior media, influencers and celebrities in fashion and entertainment, develops and implements successful, integrated PR campaigns, including breakthrough media relations, leveraging social media and activating top-tier influencers and celebrities.
This person must also be passionate about becoming involved in the ever-growing cannabis industry.
- Develop creative, results-driven PR strategies to support client objectives and launches/activations.
- Support on overarching client strategies and decks.
- Regularly secure client features and product placements in top-tier national and regional (California) press.
- Must have strong media relationships in Los Angeles.
- Act as day-to-day client contact and address client issues thoughtfully and effectively.
- Manage Account Executives, Account Coordinators and Interns with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Support integrated client campaigns through a demonstrated, working knowledge of social influence, emerging digital platforms, and creative problem solving.
- Works cross-functionally with Event Director to staff and promote client events, to ensure events effectively communicate and promote client campaigns.
- Oversees preparation for meetings/calls, including materials, event and travel logistics.
- Drafts, edits and is responsible for finalizing necessary media and client-facing materials.
- Manage junior team workflow and take ownership of account work while driving consistent media results.
- Create and develop media materials – press kits, press releases, media alerts, fact sheets, bios, case studies and backgrounders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with influential members of the media and industry in order to ensure placements and exciting results for our clients.
- Develop strategic communication plans including media opportunities, tactics, and timelines consistent with the overall PR strategy.
- Execute and advise on PR strategies and collaboratively develop strategic media plans.
- Create and develop pro-active pitch ideas for clients based on their industry, current trends and various announcements.
- Monitor media and seek out speaking opportunities for clients as “experts in their field.”
- Daily client interaction to update, report on and discuss media relations.
- Assist in the research, writing and development of new business proposals and presentations.
- Provide strong guidance and leadership to junior-level staff.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop strategic/creative thinking for clients. Misc. research, duties and projects as required.
- 3-4 years of PR agency experience specifically in fashion, beauty, entertainment, and hospitality.
- Experience with fashion and hospitality-driven clients preferred. Added bonus if you have cannabis PR experience.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Creative and energetic personality!