The Account Executive is a mid-level position on account teams and serves as assistant and back-up to other team members. The AE manages the AAE & AC on written materials such as status reports, conference reports, and MSRs, as well as helps with researching and following up on editorial opportunities the AAE/AC secures. The teammate also helps with the management of event and tour logistics and production of collateral materials. The AE is fluent in all social media platforms and is always eager to do more than just learn about the latest tools, but employ them in existing projects where appropriate.
If there is no AC or AAE on the account, the AE is responsible for completing a majority of tactical duties on assigned accounts. The individual maintains billable hours consistent with the firm’s billable targets and reports directly to a Manager or Director, but ultimately to an AD or VP.
A talented account executive at DF should expect to be in this position a minimum of 2 years, and often 3 years, to achieve mastery of account duties, develop ability to work on multiple accounts at once and successfully manage time, learn industry and account knowledge, judgment and interpersonal skills.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
The help, here is a sampling of the skill sets the individual will master in the position:
- Familiar with all media relevant to client business, especially the trades, which will help this position learn more about the industry and positions strategic thinking capabilities to clients via meetings and email memos
- Consistently achieves media placements on behalf of clients
- Develops strong media/analyst/blogger contacts
- Grasps the importance of social media for all accounts, including the inclusion (when appropriate) of influencer marketing
- Regularly facilitates media/analyst briefings and provides value-add recap notes to clients and teams
- Prepares well-thought, value-add press releases, media alerts, client memos, client reports and pitches with minimal input from supervisors
- Master of logistics in booking media tours including coordinating product and press kit mailings and development of flawless briefing books
- Consistently coordinates logistics for special events, product launches and trade shows
- Familiar with vendors (such as monitoring services, premium houses, PR Newswire, etc.) for the optimum operation of client’s tactical programs
- Expert with all social media channels and the agency’s digital influencer marketing platform
- Manages and mentors AAE and ACs on projects such as ed cals, press kit production, MSRs, and other areas AAE/AC is focused on where appropriate
- Demonstrates eloquence, persuasiveness, timeliness and thoroughness in client and agency reporting, including status reports, conference reports and MSRs
- Consistently develops well-constructed, typo-free written materials
- Performs agency administrative functions in a timely and responsible manner (timesheets, expense reports, vendor invoices, etc.)
- Has the ability to effectively juggle at least two, and sometimes up to four accounts and/or projects at a time, making sure that all get the proper amount of attention and results
- Communicates regularly with supervisor, both in terms of status and in terms of “managing up,” e.g. articulating to supervisor what one needs to do the job most effectively
- Receives favorable feedback from clients and coworkers with regard to job performance, which is noted and documented in reviews
- Attends Double Forte and other training or professional development programs to increase skill set
- Professional Association Membership Requirement
- All Double Forte employees are required to participate in at least one professional association that will benefit the employee’s development and the company.
- Maintains a respectful and professional attitude towards all coworkers and presents a consistent high level of enthusiasm for Double Forte and its clients
- B.A. or B.S. Degree
- Minimum 3 years post Bachelor’s degree business experience
- Public relations agency, marketing or journalism experience a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Fluent with social media channels and a whiz with research platforms (Meltwater, Hootsuite, bit.ly)
- Detail oriented, but able to grasp broad concepts
- Good organizational ability
- Good time management skills, with ability to complete assignments on time.
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Team player
- Good people and phone skills
- Ability to listen and follow direction
- Willingness to travel
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Good computer and data entry skills – proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Airtable, PowerPoint and Adobe Reader and other technologies required by the firm and its clients.
- Familiarity with Wix, Wordpress and a wide range of publishing tools, including those found on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
- Willing and able to learn how use new software programs and digital services
- First-rate web navigation and research skills
- This is a predominantly sedentary position, with occasional light work required including occasional lifting, carrying, pulling or pushing.
- Account Executives are required to travel with or on behalf of the agency and its clients as needed.
When you apply please tell us in a cover letter what appeals to you about this position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Submit resumes and cover letters via email to Kathy Bustos email@example.com including AE-NYC in the subject line.