An Account Manager at CURICH|WEISS is an entrepreneurial, self-starter with strong leadership skills, impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail, and a desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment. The Account Manager manages and implements all aspects of PR programs for clients, managing the media relationships, brand programs including partnerships, and daily client communication to deliver exceptional service and impactful results. The Account Manager reports to an Account Supervisor or higher.
The Account Manager should have solid media relations contacts across the industries key to the assigned account load and client roster. The Account Manager should be able to answer all general PR questions unprompted and show an ability to think ahead for clients, with thoughtful awareness and recognition of client goals, media landscape and how to deliver necessary results. The Account Manager should be able to strategize, pitch and secure all forms of media (print, broadcast, online) as well as partnerships and alignments.
- Manage day-to-day public relations performance and all functions of accounts
- Deliver anticipated media placements for clients
- Manage agreed upon programs for clients, including but not limited to ongoing media relations, event planning, influencer engagement, strategic partnerships, et al.
- Serve as day-to-day contact with the client to ensure all objectives are met
- Provide strategic media counsel to clients and account team
- Draft client-facing materials including press releases, bios, Q&As, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with media, influencers and organizations on behalf of clients and Agency
- Anticipate clients’ strategic needs – long and short term
- Plan and manage client meetings
- Participate in organic and external new business development, including presentations
- Motivate and mentor junior staff
- Proactively seek out opportunities to help grow the Agency, through new business opportunities, sharing best practice, and / or other opportunities as agreed with Leadership
- BA/BS Degree is required
- Minimum 4 years experience on either the agency or client side, with demonstrated success (impactful placements and feature coverage) across all channels
- Strong media relationships (lifestyle and general consumer media) on both a national and regional level
- Exceptional interpersonal, networking, and verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Social media skills/community management is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven track record in client service, and strategy development and execution