We’re proud to represent clients that align with our beliefs and work to transform our society for the better. Our responsibility is telling our client’s story, not touting our own. We like to believe that we are creative storytellers who work to reach audiences and solve communication challenges regardless of the medium. Sunshiners are in it for the meaningful moments. Giving back and social good is at the crux of who we are and what continues to grow within us – from quarterly volunteer days to teaching and mentoring. We are genuinely invested in your growth. Sunshine University – ask us about it!
So, what are we looking for? We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic and determined media relations Account Director to join our lifestyle team in Los Angeles. The ideal candidate is passionate about beauty, ranging from mass to prestige, and will have experience brand-building, launching campaigns, elevating the experts behind the formulations and putting their brands at the forefront of emerging trends. They will know which brands resonate on YouTube vs. Instagram and when a print feature makes all the difference. They will have a point of view about how Gen Z beauty standards are changing the industry and how DTC models are disrupting the traditional beauty landscape.
Our candidate is curious. While they will work on beauty, they are also likely to touch health, wellness and other lifestyle accounts. They see this as a challenge and opportunity to grow their skills.
Our account directors lead accounts (no surprise there), counseling the client, providing fresh ideas, motivating the team, ensuring goals are being met and…they still pitch!
Our agency is integrated, and our Account Directors frequently work on accounts that involve aspects of brand integration, influencer integration, digital strategy, etc. While we don’t expect you to be fluent in all of these areas, we anticipate that this will excite you!
Core Skills & Responsibilities
A great Account Director truly excels at leading client accounts. They show tremendous leadership potential at the company. They are a positive influence, a team player, patient teachers and mentors to junior staff. They are discreet and do not participate in office gossip. They empower junior staff and help them grow. They are honest with themselves and upper management about their work. They have good instincts and challenge the team to think bigger. They are creative and push their account teams and the company to do better and think out of the box. They are solutions-oriented. They understand their clients’ business goals and are constantly mapping back to ensure our work is directly having an impact on them. They are not afraid to push back and challenge a client if the direction being given won’t result in the ROI they are looking for. They delegate respectfully and effectively to junior staff. They are clear about deadlines, roles and responsibilities and expectations.
- Eager to network and continue building relationships across a wide range of media
- Inclusive, welcoming, honest, kind, empathetic, professional, mature.
You should apply if:
- You have 5-8 years working in an agency setting or relevant industry (i.e. fashion, beauty, health, luxury, lifestyle public relations, integrated media relations, and strategic media planning.)
- You have established relationships with media
- You are comfortable leading an account with team members in other offices/geographies You are a skilled and highly-organized project manager You see and set big picture strategy at a higher level
- You live by the “we, not me” mentality
- You maintain a strong network of media contacts and has a track record of placing strategic high-level stories
- You are able to manage a team of 2-5 people and developing them in their careers
- You’re willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary – our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
You don’t HAVE to have this, but it sure would be nice:
- Interests beyond fashion and beauty – we never like to stay in our lanes here and see facets of niche industries where they never existed before (documentaries, tech, experiential museums, etc.)
- Previous experience working with & managing teams in multiple locations.
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. We arrange additional perks as well. From Summer Fridays and celebrations and events, to quarterly flex days and company-organized volunteer opportunities, we’re proud of the culture we’ve created across the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.