As a Magrino intern you will gain valuable experience within the Public Relations and Media industries.
• Updating critical media lists which will provide you with the opportunity to familiarize yourself with key print, online and broadcast media contacts spanning various categories including but not limited to: travel, real estate, food, spirits, wine, consumer, and events businesses.
• Provide public relations support for account services teams including: assisting with mailings, creating clip books, media monitoring, maintaining media list, develop and track editorial calendar, monitor press coverage, write press releases, conduct research and assisting with media outreach.
• Understanding and familiarization with all steps and levels of event planning including concept development, venue research, invitation creation, event décor, catering selection, list management, RSVP management and night-of-event experience.• Involvement with PR outreach, contact with the media, tracking clips and overall brainstorming ideas to create excitement.
• Gaining knowledge of key sourcing and vendor contacts within the Public Relations and Media industry.
• Understanding and development of strategic planning as well as time and account management skills.
• Follow others’ directions to gather and disseminate information.
• Working knowledge of social networks and ability to assist clients with developing strategies and monitoring share of voice.
• Eligible for college credit
• Ability to prioritize while simultaneously working on numerous projects
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Detail oriented and results oriented
• Ability to spot trends and integrate into PR efforts to keep accounts current in the media